[xquery-talk] XML Query Test Suite version 1.0.1

Andrew Eisenberg andrew.eisenberg at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 5 11:36:01 PDT 2006

The XML Query Working Group and the XSL Working Group would like to
announce the availability of version 1.0.1 of the XML Query Test Suite
(XQTS) at http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/.

XQTS 1.0.1 fixes a small number of bugs reported against XQTS 1.0 and it
reflects a small number of CR issues that have been resolved by the WGs.
We encourage implementors that have sent us reports for XQTS 1.0 to run
XQTS 1.0.1 and send us their final reports. The reports that we have
received provide most of the implementation experience that we need to
request a transition to Proposed Recommendation. We would appreciate a
report showing an implementation of Minimal Conformance using the XQueryX
syntax.

To date, we have received the results for several implementations of
XQuery: Saxon-SA, xq2xsl, X-Hive/DB, Qizx, DataDirect XQuery, Stylus
Studio, Sedna XML Database System, xbird/open, and Galax. A report that
reflects these results is available from our web page. We will update this
report for the next couple of weeks as new results are received.

We will  maintain and enhance the test suite after our transition to
Proposed Recommendation. We do not expect to send out any further
announcements about our test suite -- any news or updates will be posted
on our web page.

                                                -- Andrew

Andrew Eisenberg
IBM