[xquery-talk] flowrrr - how to structure a function?

Tue Oct 17 14:02:19 PDT 2006

Rob,

Without trying it, what you have written seems fine to me. You could inline
some things but it should, at least in theory, not make a difference

One thing to be aware of is that you have no guarantee (again in theory)
that the order in which function calls are evaluated match the order in
which you write them.

So theoretically an XQuery engine might choose to first evaluate

session:set-attribute($project-key,
$group-name),response:redirect-to(xs:anyURI("./project/"))

before it evaluates the other function calls in the deepest return.

Hth,

Peter