[xquery-talk] Finding context position when "order by" is in a FLWOR?

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect.com
Fri Sep 8 18:17:55 PDT 2006

Yeah, that's a pain - but that's the way it is. You want the numbering
based on the generated tuples, the at clause gives the numbering based
on each input individually, so the nested query you show is what I
usually do.

One extension that someone suggested for XQuery is to allow an at in the
return clause:

    let $list := ( 'cat', 'dog', 'apple')
    for $word in $list
    order by $word
    return at $pos <word n="{$pos}">{$word}</word>

*WAY* too late for XQuery 1.0, but I think this is very useful for
future versions.

Jonathan

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/