[xquery-talk] static typing of XQuery?

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Sep 20 11:30:58 PDT 2006

How much interest is there in the "static typing" feature?
Which (current, actively maintained, aiming for completeness)
implementations implement the static typing feature?

As the SVN version of Qexo now passes more and more of the
testsuite, I'm considering whether to tackle static typing.
Qexo has the advantage that it much of the *framework* for
static typing (it is after all a true compiler), but of
course static typing is still a large job.  (Because of this,
I'm unlikely to prioritize static typing soon without some kind of
sponsorship. Please let me know if you know of a possible source
of such sponsorship.)
--
	--Per Bothner