[xquery-talk] [ANN] Sedna 2.0 released
maxim at grinev.net
Mon Apr 16 15:51:10 PDT 2007
we are pleased to announce a version 2.0 of the Sedna XML database system.
- XQuery support now conforms to the XQuery specification. Sedna passes
"XML Query Test Suite (XQTS)" by W3C and has official "almost passed"
The detailed report can be found at
- Optional XQuery features:
* Support for user-defined XQuery modules. Modules are stored at
server side as precompiled functions
* Full Axis (i.e. support for all XPath axes)
- XQuery debug facilities:
* support for standard fn:trace function
* facility to obtain stack trace in case of dynamic error
- Server configuration options are extended (e.g. you can configure several
instances of Sedna server to be running on a computer)
- Current release was put through extended stress testing
New third-party contributions:
- Sedna Admin GUI by GREaT team
- Python API based on DBAPI 2.0 by Steve Howe
- PHP API by Nikolay Zavaritsky
(available from Sedna download page)
Thank you for your valuable contributions!
More information about the talk