[xquery-talk] The State of Native XML databases

Keulen, M. van (Maurice) m.vankeulen at utwente.nl
Wed Aug 15 12:50:20 PDT 2007

Dear Elliotte,

Good to assess the state of the art every once in a while.
<http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/#implementations> IMO you do miss a few
important ones though: Galax <http://www.galaxquery.org/> (reference
implementation, open source), MonetDB/XQuery
<http://www.monetdb-xquery.org/> (open source, very fast on large data
sets, advanced full text search and other multimedia extensions,
distributed querying, ...), X-Hive <http://www.x-hive.com/xquery/>
(commercial, fast industrial-strength XQuery engine).

W3C maintains a list of implementations :
http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/#implementations

Regards,
Maurice van Keulen.

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> On another list I was recently asked to sum up the state of native XML
> databases, especially open source ones. The result is here:
>
> http://cafe.elharo.com/xml/the-state-of-native-xml-databases/
>
> Comments appreciated.

Dr.Ir. M. van Keulen - Assistant Professor, Data Management Technology
Univ. of Twente, Dept of EEMCS, POBox 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands
Email: m.vankeulen at utwente.nl, Phone: +31 534893688, Fax: +31 534892927
Room: ZI 3039, WWW: http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~keulen