[xquery-talk] The State of Native XML databases

Duane Moore duane.moore at issinc.com
Wed Aug 15 15:03:41 PDT 2007

I wouldn't think Galax qualifies since Elliotte is talking about native XML
databases and not just XQuery implementations.

On the relational-XML database side, both Oracle 10g and Microsoft SQL
Server 2005 support XML integration in the same manner as DB2 9, extending
the relational model to include an XML type when defining column types for a
table.  I don't have a feel for which of the relational contenders are best
at supporting XML natively, but I have a feeling they will continue to gain
momentum relative to XML-only databases.

- Duane Moore