[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ilya Sterin sterini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:19:30 PDT 2007

I wish I could find more info on it.  The site states acid
transactions, but for people people unfamiliar with transaction
architectures, that doesn't equate being able to use it in an
enterprise application environment.  If consistency is enforced at the
collection entry level, that beats the purpose of having a native xml
database where ddl=xml schema.  In a perfect world, I wish the vendors
would get rid of the collection as a storage metaphor and instead
focus on defining schemas with one of the schema languages, which is
all that's needed.  Why mix relational concepts, which is what a
collection really is, with native xml hierarchal storage.

We recently engage in numerous native xml storage projects and worked
very closely with RainingData on a TigerLogic 3.0 release.  As of
right now, that is probably the only truly native xml database that
defines all facilities needed for enterprise persistence in XML.

Ilya