[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ilya Sterin sterini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:57:26 PDT 2007

You can also do the same with xpath, right?  Scope a set of nodes.  I
guess what I'm getting at, is that if you have a schema that
represents your structure, why have another structure to represent a
concepts that's not relavant to schema?  I understand that it's a way
to organize your documents, but I think that's the issue.  We're not
looking at the schema/document = database schema, rather as a
collection of some xml snippets that are not necessarily unified.  Why
can't a document in the collection just become a node of a node
collection within a schema bound storage?

Ilya