[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Tue Aug 21 07:48:02 PDT 2007

Fair enough, but there are probably use cases in the integration world
where this is not possible or very, very difficult, especially if you
don't have control over the sources you are integrating.

For example, you might have Name elements in different parts of the
document with different structures -- in one place, a Name might simply
contain a person's name as a string; in another place, a Name might
contain child elements describing the different parts of the name
(Given, Family, etc.)

-- Ron