[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Tue Aug 21 08:22:24 PDT 2007

This is certainly not true with DB2.

I took a quick look at the documentation for SQL Server, Oracle, and
Sybase. It does not appear that SQL Server or Oracle requires an XML
Schema. I couldn't figure out whether Sybase requires one.

Note that Oracle is an odd bird here, as you can store XML either as a
BLOB or using an object-relational mapping. The latter implies an XML
Schema or DTD, but I don't know if it actually requires one.

-- Ron