[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

John Snelson john.snelson at oracle.com
Tue Aug 21 16:22:40 PDT 2007

Ronald Bourret wrote:
> Does anybody know how many native XML databases actually support
> node-level locking? My impression is that most support document-level
> locking.

As I mentioned before, Berkeley DB XML has sub-document level locking in
the form of page level locking with user-configurable page size.

Talking about "node-level locking" is a bit of a red-herring - what you
should be interested in is sub-document granularity locking, which in
itself is only a means to achieve high concurrency in writes.

John