[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ilya Sterin sterini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:48:01 PDT 2007

Ron, not sure what you mean.  If you're updating a node, how would a
parent's child count effect it's update?  These updates should be
performed in a committed isolation level with non-repeatable reads.
Now, one issue is to ensure the consistency of node ordering, which of
course in the relational world is non-existent since a relation is
just an unordered set of tuples.  I'm wondering how ordering is
preserved.