[xquery-talk] Re: The State of Native XML databases

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Tue Aug 21 22:08:49 PDT 2007

I wrote a survey article [1] a couple of years ago listing a number of
real-world applications for native XML databases. I wrote the article as
a way to determine:

a) If native XML databases were being used for real applications or were
still just a toy, and

b) What kinds of applications they were being used for.

My conclusions were (a) that they were being used for real applications
and (b) that they were generally being deployed when the data fit the
XML data model and didn't fit the relational model.

-- Ron

[1] http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/UseCases.htm