[xquery-talk] Finding a XML-Database to fit our needs

John Snelson john.snelson at oracle.com
Fri Dec 21 10:35:59 PST 2007

Hi Johan,

Johan Mörén wrote:
> Berkley looked interesting but the effort to embed it scared me away. Is
> there some available wrapper to make it more client/server-like?

There have been various efforts to make a server for Berkeley DB XML,
one of which is NXQD:

http://nxqd.sourceforge.net/

I haven't used this program, and it's community developed so I can't
guarantee the quality of the software - but I know some of our users
have found it satisfies their needs.

I wouldn't be put of by the perceived complexity of embedding DB XML.
Once you understand a few concepts it's not all that much harder than
using a client/server architecture.

John

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation