[xquery-talk] Extracting XML data from a Table in PosgreSQL

Alice Wei elite.english at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 21:42:40 PST 2007

Hi,

  I am a newbie to XQuery, and I currently use a PostgreSQL database to
store some of the data in my XML files to run the search using XQuery.

  It appears that I have to use some sort of collection() to be able to
connect my files to this particular database, and from my past experience
with SQL, different databases on various  systems have different ways of
connecting to it.

  My XQuery file would be stored on a system different from the database, so
is it necessary that I should put a different connection string inside
collection() for the file to call up the database? Otherwise, how is it to
know which is the one I want?

  Thanks to those who can help.

Alice Wei
MIS 2008