[xquery-talk] Qexo 1.9.1 available

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Thu Feb 1 14:42:43 PST 2007

Version 1.9.1 of Qexo is now available.
Qexo aims to be a complete implementation of XQuery;
see http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/status.html for
conformance status.

Qexo is implemented by compiling XQuery to Java bytecodes, using
the Kawa compiler, and aims for high performance based on compiler
optimizations and good data structures and APIs.  (However,initially
I have concentrated on correctness and completeness rather than
optimization, so I'm not claiming any record speed.  Still, some tests
are significantly faster than Saxon, possibly thanks to use of a
very fast XML parser.  And Qexo runs through the 16000+ tests of
XQTS in about 75 seconds, on my mid-range laptop.  Try it yourself;
the XSTS test driver is part of the XQTS distribution.)

Qexo is open-source with a liberal license.  I'm available for
support and consulting.

Home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/
Download instructions: http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/#Download
--