[xquery-talk] Dynamic context default values

Ivan Shcheklein vano_msu at mail.ru
Wed Feb 7 21:57:51 PST 2007

> I initially thought that the collection() function wasn't going to be
> useful outside a database context. In fact, Saxon users have found it
> a very valuable feature, given the ability to map a URI to a selection
> of files from a hierarchic filestore.

It is possible to create collections in Sedna too. And we successfully pass
tests like

     count(fn:collection('collection1'))

but I can't understand fn:collection() call (with zero arguments exactly)
which should return default collection value from dynamic context.

For example, consider we have one or few collections loaded in database. Is
it possible in this situation to raise FODC0002 on

     count(fn:collection())

query?

Ivan Shcheklein
www.modis.ispras.ru/sedna