[xquery-talk] Xquery function problem

"Sebastian Hinterwälder" sebi-hinterwaelder at gmx.de
Wed Jan 24 21:37:48 PST 2007

Hello,

I am right now writing an xquery which puts out an html page.
The query is working inside of the eXist database.
Inside the query I would like to process an xquery function only
if another xquery function is already finished. Therefore
I tried to create an if-clause with the function as argument
(  {if( local:bla) then}  ) This does not seem to work properly,
but also no error is thrown. I hope someone can help me.
For better understanding I put some code here:

(: in the request I try to get a variable that is only
true if button is checked:)
let $barchart := request:get-parameter("barchart","")

(: my radio button:)
<input type="radio" name="diagram" id="barchart" value="barchart"></input>

(: try to process a function only if button checked:)
{
if ( $barchart) then local:transform($list,$diagram)
else ()
}

(: want to get true only if function is already processed once:)
{
if(local:transform($list,$diagram)) then (
         onClick="goTo('')"INPUT></p>
) else ()
}

I already posted the same thread in the eXist gmane list, but I wasn't able to solve the problem! Here is a link to the old thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.exist/12730/focus=12762

Hope someone knows how it works?

Greets Sebastian