[xquery-talk] Xquery function problem

Wolfgang Meier wolfgangmm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 23:12:48 PST 2007

> > So why don't you just measure the time needed for the whole
> > local:transform function call? This can be done using the standard
> > time functions.
>
> I don't believe so.  The current time in the dynamic context
> is stable - i.e. the same each time you call it within the
> execution of a given query.

Yes, sorry, that's correct. But as I sometimes want a quick and dirty
way to measure elapsed time in a query, I use my own, non-stable
function: util:system-time(), which simply maps to
System.currentTimeMillis() in Java and returns xs:time. With this I
can just do

seconds-from-duration(util:system-time() - $startTime)

Wolfgang