[xquery-talk] objects in xquery?

Wolfgang Meier wolfgang at exist-db.org
Mon Jun 11 12:49:20 PDT 2007

> If eXist doesn't provide any way of setting the value of an external
> variable then you might have to do it this way. It seems a shame however to
> use extensions when it could be done without.

It does provide ways of setting external variables, but the servlet
which executes the XQuery doesn't use this approach. Bryan could
certainly change it if he wants to. In general, as we already
discussed here previously, passing the whole HTTP context via a
variable may indeed be a cleaner solution, but it is not implemented
like that right now.

Wolfgang