[xquery-talk] Can I set the DOCTYPE through XQuery (using Saxon 8.9j)

Kevin Grover kevin at kevingrover.net
Fri Mar 16 18:22:24 PST 2007

Subject say is all: Can I set the DOCTYPE through XQuery (using Saxon 8.9j)?

I've looked through the online docs.  During the 8.8j version, I got
the impression that there were some saxon specific 'serialization'
parameters.  However, I can't find them now.

FYI, I'm generating XHTML and want the DOCTYPE to be there so I can
run it through a validtator (xmllint or saxon) to verify that it
really IS valid XHTML.

It is possible? Or, should I just switch to XSLT?

Thanks