[xquery-talk] Can I set the DOCTYPE through XQuery (using Saxon8.9j)

Kevin Grover kevin at kevingrover.net
Sun Mar 18 13:02:10 PST 2007

On 3/17/07, Michael Kay <mike at saxonica.com> wrote:

> > For anyone who cares,
>
> Your message was sent to me alone, but I'm going back on-list!

Sorry about that.  Too many lists.  It's hard to keep track of which
to use Reply and Which to use Reply-All: I usually use Reply-All, but
was rushed to get out of the door.

> I should add to the description of declare option saxon:output some
> reference to the serialization parameters that are available. You can use
> all the serialization parameters defined in the serialization spec
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-xquery-serialization/
>
> together with the additional Saxon serialization parameters defined at
>
> http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/output-extras.html

I, for one, would like to vote for having all of that in the Saxon
docs.  When looking into XQuery, I read all of the w3 pages, and many
of the others on the Internet.  However, when I started using Saxon,
I'd try to answer questions be reading the Saxon docs.  When I vaguely
remembered the serialization parameters, I could not find it in the
Saxon docs (which I at first had to download separately), then on
Internet searches.

Now that I understand (a little more), future problems will probably
be more quickly resolved, but I'd guess that there will be many other
highly confused beginners.

Thanks

- Kevin