[xquery-talk] Sequence from String-Literal

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Fri May 11 11:22:01 PDT 2007

Do you mean, the string literal contains XML markup, and you want to parse
it to turn it into nodes (an instance of the XDM data model)?

That operation is called XML parsing... There's no standard way of doing it
from within XQuery. Saxon has an extension function saxon:parse().

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/parse.html

Some products may support the "data:" URI scheme, where the data is wrapped
into a URI that can then be passed to the doc() function.