[xquery-talk] replacing a node in in-memory XML

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Nov 6 15:29:43 PST 2007

In the absence of XQuery updates (still a draft W3C spec) it's quite a bit
harder to do this in XQuery than in XSLT: you basically have to organize the
recursive walk down the tree copying nodes as you go yourself "by hand". If
you are comfortable with XSLT then this is definitely a task where XSLT
currently wins. It will get a lot easier with XQuery updates.

  _____