[xquery-talk] xquery extension function for xslt

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Wed Sep 5 11:21:37 PDT 2007

> It would be fantastic to improve on this where XQuery does
> the selection, and XSLT does the result processing (you could
> almost say the presentation).

Sure, yes - that's a somewhat orthogonal point. It should certainly be
possible to ship query processing to a database-aware XQuery engine. The
point I was making was more syntactical - that if you want to mix XSLT and
XQuery at the language level, then I think calling XQuery user-defined
functions from an XSLT stylesheet is a good way to do it.