[xquery-talk] xquery extension function for xslt

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:25:09 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch at gmail.com> wrote:
> So basically the request is to make the entire result set from a query
> available to XSLT 2.0.     (It doesn't necessarily have to be by
> invoking the query from within the XSLT, that's just the way I've
> approached it and at the moment the most appealing)

This is possible now by writing the query in a certain way eg in eXist:

let $x := <root> { collection('mycol')//title } </root>
return transform:transform($x, xs:anyURI("file:///c:/path/to.xslt"), ())

It would still be really cool to be able to do the reverse:

<xsl:variable name="x" select="runXQuery($pathToXQueryFile)"/>
<xsl:for-each-group select="$x" group-by=".">

Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com
Kernow: http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/