[xquery-talk] XQuery Update

George Feinberg gmf at maine.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 11:52:04 PDT 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Florian Wendland wrote:

> Thanks, MonetDB sound very good and Xilla also.
>
> But a question concerning Xqilla. I have visited the homepage as a
> reason of the discussion some day ago. But i didn't found any hint,
> that Xqilla implements the XQuery Update Facility. In the
> documenation was Xquery Update not noticed as feature...

The homepage mentions it, but the documentation has not yet been
modified
to reflect this addition.  It's a relatively small change from an API
perspective.
If you are using the xqilla command line utility, you need to
pass the (new) -u flag to tell it to parse update expressions

If you are using the C++ API, you need to tell the parser to parse
update
expressions.  You do this by creating a DynamicContext object using
the XQilla object:
	DynamicContext *context XQilla::createContext()
(see include/xqilla/XQilla.hpp)

Pass XQilla::XQUERY|XQilla::UPDATE as the first argument.  Use
the returned object in your future parse() calls that return the XQQuery
object you use for actual query execution.

Regards,

George