[xquery-talk] If Statements within an If Statement?

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 11:21:45 PST 2008

> That is exactly how I wanted it to read, although I am not sure how "white spaces" get in this picture.
>  The_tag,_maybe?

I'll show that string again but with space shown as _ and newline shown
as / so they are visible:

"/Send_10c_for_mailing_TODAY!/________________________________/Kenmore,_Mitford,_CR-272_N.H._03055//"

> I might have to try using declare boundary-space strip; Would this
> help?

It would make no difference in this case

You probably want to use

 distinct-values(normalize-space($seq))

and

$seq[normalize-space(.)=$d]

in which case the strings being compared would look like

"Send 10c for mailing TODAY! Kenmore, Mitford, CR-272 N.H. 03055"

David