[xquery-talk] How to run xquery dynamically on file listing from directory

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 11:33:05 PDT 2008

On 11/04/2008, Kevin Grover <kevin at kevingrover.net> wrote:
> I feel for you on this.  It's taken me weeks to figure anything out.
>  The crux if it is that the 'collection()' function is implementation
>  dependent.
>
>  I've been trying with saxon for a long while and could not find any
>  documentation or examples.  After many attempts at searching (Google),
>   and some dumb luck (I searched the main saxon documentation toc  for
>  collection), I found saxon's documentation page:
>
>  http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/sourcedocs/collections.html
>
>  Still, no examples, but better.

For the archives then:

http://ajwelch.blogspot.com/2006/11/using-collection-and-saxondiscard.html

If you are using Saxon then you may also need to use
saxon:discard-document() when processing large collections of XML -
otherwise each one will be held in memory (if that applies to XQuery?)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com