[xquery-talk] How to run xquery dynamically on file listing fromdirectory

Gerald Sheehan gerald.sheehan at altova.com
Wed Apr 16 11:37:02 PDT 2008

Selene,

It's not possible to use an external XQuery Engine in XMLSpy. This is on
our watch list for a future release!

Integrating Saxon as an external xslt engine w/XMLSpy is easy enough,
but the XQuery 1.0 engine used will always default to our own which is
also provided for free in the AltovaXML
<http://www.altova.com/components_xquery.html> .

I wrote a blog post on how to integrate external xslt engines in XMLSpy
awhile ago if you're interested,

http://www.xmlscoop.com/2007/12/xslt-transformations-in-xmlspy-using.htm

As to why you cannot get XQuery to work in XMLSpy
<http://www.altova.com/products/xmlspy/xquery_editor.html> , you haven't
provided any details about the problem. Please contact me off-list and
I'll be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

... Jerry Sheehan
... Pre-Sales Engineer
... Altova, Inc.

Altova(r)  accelerates  application development  and  data management
projects with  software  and  solutions  that enhance  productivity
and maximize results. Uncover why Altova is the preferred choice of
over three million users worldwide! Look into www.altova.com
<http://www.altova.com/>  today!

Altova,  XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, SemanticWorks, SchemaAgent,
UModel, DiffDog, DatabaseSpy, AltovaXML, Authentic,  and MissionKit
are trademarks and/or  registered trademarks of  Altova GmbH in the
United States,  the European Union,  and  numerous other countries.
The information transmitted in this message and/or as an attachment
to it  is intended  only for the  person or  entity to  which it is
addressed and may contain confidential  and/or privileged material.
Any  review,  retransmission,  dissemination  or  other use of,  or
taking of any action in reliance upon,  this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error,  please contact  the sender  and delete the
material from any computer.  Altova GmbH  and  Altova, Inc.  do not
accept legal responsibility  for the contents of this message.  Any
views or opinions  presented are solely  those of the author and do
not  necessarily  represent those of  Altova GmbH and  Altova, Inc.
unless otherwise specifically stated. Thank you!