[xquery-talk] XQuery and Web 2.0

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 20:15:20 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I just  came back from Web 2.0 Expo in SF. I listened through lots of
interesting presentations of various technologies for building mashups.

Needless to say, *nobody* mentioned the name XQuery.

Why !? XQuery has proven itself to be a great tool for Web 2.0 style
mashup
applications (especially after we'll add scripting capabilities). So
why is the Web 2.0
  crowd totally unaware of all this body of work, that could make
their live much easier!?

I was wondering what people think about this.

Any ideas about how to change this situation?

Have a nice day, best regards,
Dana