[xquery-talk] XQuery and Web 2.0

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Thu Apr 24 22:12:08 PDT 2008

>  Someone needs to coin cute little phrases like LAMP or AJaX that
> will make the technology spread like wildfire.\\

After talking with lots of Web 2.0  guys one more day, I ended up with
the conclusion that the XQuery crowd
(aka us :-) is **really** bad at marketing.

Few people understand this technology, and what problem is this
supposed to solve.

The top major complains were:
(a) is too complicated to understand (tutorials, books !?)
(b) there are no good example of how to use it  (repositories of open
source useful XQuery modules !? CRM, etc)
(c) the implementations are not yet mature enough (don't scale, crash,
no good tools, etc).

I guess that there is still place for improvement in the XQuery land,
especially in the marketing arena.

Best regards,
Dana