[xquery-talk] XQuery and Web 2.0

Fri Apr 25 09:57:02 PDT 2008

Fwiw...

Two years ago I switched from a company that implements XQuery to a
company that develops your fairly typical web applications (I
know...why would you want to do that :) )

Anyway , because I do like the language a lot I try to use it wherever
it makes even a little sense but to be honest, the cases where it does
make sense are really fairly limited in my case (no idea whether that
is typical)

In general I find it very difficult to integrate XQuery in the
complete application stack. To a certain extent it is a bit like the
object-relational mismatch on steroids.

For *a lot* of needs it is far easier to just shut down your brain and
crank out a couple of hundred lines of DOM code and the go on with the
real problem.

As said...fwiw,

Peter