[xquery-talk] XQuery and Web 2.0

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Sat Apr 26 10:41:41 PDT 2008

I agree with John. Absence of an application platform like Rails is one of
the main reason of not using XQuery widely. According to our experience (we
are developers of Sedna XML DB) with Sedna users only very smart programmers
can build *end-to-end* applications using XQuery.

They shouldn't even try (in fact, I don't think they are very smart if they
do try). Use something like Orbeon XPL as the general application framework,
and use it to link together components written in XQuery, XSLT, XForms, or
anything else. The important thing is that the data should be in XML
end-to-end, not that the logic should be in XQuery end-to-end.