[xquery-talk] XQuery and Web 2.0

Maxim Grinev maxim at grinev.net
Sat Apr 26 14:39:52 PDT 2008

I don't mean to say that the whole application should be implemented in
XQuery. Nether our team nor Sedna users try to do this. If XQuery were such
a language which allows to do this, there should be no problems. One cannot
implement everything in XQuery that is why he/she has to understand what
other languages/tools can be used and how to integrate them with XQuery. A
pipeline language does not provide complete answer to these questions.

In our paper we described why XQuery is not good for some tasks and proposed
ideas of combining XSLT/OmniMark with XQuery to implement the tasks, but it
is also only part of the answer:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2006/12/06/xquery-xslt-omnimark-mixed-content-processing.html

Maxim