XQuery as a general data processing language WAS: [xquery-talk]XQuery and Web 2.0

Sat Apr 26 13:45:20 PDT 2008

I honestly do not care about which language I am using and even less
under which buzzword of the day that language is  classified and I am
certainly in favor of reducing implementation time of the applications
we are trying to build (and I have the luxury of being able to make a
choice)

If XQuery or XSLT can do that for me I yet have to figure out how that
would work. It certainly brings a lot, but it just does not cover all
the needs. Once I have to integrate what they bring in what I am using
for the rest of the app I tend to loose as much time as I have gained.

Very eager to learn how that would work indeed - believe me I would
enjoy my job more if I could do more XQuery and less DOM or XQJ
plumbing.

Guidance or pointers more than welcome!