[xquery-talk] if statement inside FLWOR-expressions

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 13:02:35 PDT 2008

2008/8/22 Jason Hunter <jhunter at servlets.com>:
> On Aug 22, 2008, at 2:47 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
>
>> It's because annoyingly the list is setup to be reply-to-sender
>> instead of reply-to-list.... (it's not Outlook's fault)
>>
>> So many replies must be lost and not archived because of this -
>> hopefully the list admin will change it.
>
> Nope, it's intentional.  Without the reply-to header you get some emails
> accidentally mailed privately and when it happens people post them publicly.
>  No big harm, easy to fix.  With the header you get some emails that were
> meant for private consumption that get accidentally mailed publicly.  Can
> cause harm, impossible to rectify.

hmmm so the reason everyone has go to through the hassle of first
realising they've not replied to the list and then sending it again
(not to mention the loss to the archives), is all because some people
might send something publicly that was meant to be private??

Surely not...

Other lists (such as the xsl-list) are reply-to-list and that's doing
just fine, no harm so far (in the 8 or so years I've been on there.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com