[xquery-talk] if statement inside FLWOR-expressions

Andrew Welch andrew.j.welch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:20:22 PDT 2008

>> In case you're curious, the scripture to my religion is documented at http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>> .  Coincidentally it's the top Google hit for "reply-to".
>
> Hang on, let me cut the Cc: to the list and paste it over the To:

The "Principle of Least Work" and "Principle of Least Suprise" are the
opposite of the real world there...  They're basing it on the
"Principle of You Want to Reply to the Sender" so it's effort to reply
to the list - but I don't want to reply to the sender, and it's
annoying when people reply directly to me - do I then reply to the
list or directly to them?  If I reply to the list and quote their
direct reply, should I get permission first?  If I've got 3 direct
replies all saying the same thing, should I reply to each, or ignore
them?

Anyway....

--
Andrew Welch