[xquery-talk] Generating xhtml from xml in no namespace

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu Dec 18 14:08:19 PST 2008

> It's crying out for an xpath-default-namespace facility - is
> there an "XQuery 2" in the pipeline that vendors can
> implement parts of now to
> solve common problems like this?

There's an XQuery 1.1 in the pipeline: see

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-11/

It doesn't currently address this problem, and I don't think there is
anything in the requirements list to do so; it might be a good time to raise
a well-argued bug report. Pointing to the range of workarounds that people
are using might help to convince the WG that the problem is a real one.