[xquery-talk] Where Clause and XDT:Untyped Issues

Wei, Alice J. ajwei at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 1 17:31:25 PST 2008

Hi,

   I believe I have been passing this question through, but I think my main question about not been able to put in a where clause in my XQuery after my second let statement has been declared. In return, I receive all retrieved results is the issue.

 The code below has been modified from one of the members' inspirations.  Apparently, no matter what I do, it appears that the where clause in the $sorted_result has never been taken into the output generation. When executed the script, it gives me back everything, whether or not the word "baseball" was in the head. I have 197 distinct values in my list.

let $ad := fn:collection("xmldb:exist://db/my")//ad
let $sorted_result:=
for $doc in distinct-values($ad)
where contains($ad/head,'Baseball')
order by $doc
return $doc
for $r at $count in $sorted_result
let $nodes := $ad[. = $r]
return
<ad>
<statistics>
Showing Result: {$count} / {count($sorted_result)}
</statistics>
{$nodes}
</ad>

What I want here is just something simple, I want to be able to put in some form of where clause so I can eliminate more of my current result output.

Any hints on this would be appreciated.

Alice Wei

MIS 2008
 Indiana University Bloomington