[xquery-talk] Output of Following-Sibling or Preceding Sibling

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 17:50:27 PST 2008

let $ad2 := $ad//ad/head[contains(upper-case(.), 'STAMPS')]

the sample input you posted doesn't contain the string stamps in any
case so $ad2 is the empty squence and consequently the rest of your
query won't do much.

If I run the query as posted (after replacng the collection() by /
then I get

Error on line 14 column 30 of file:/c:/tmp/al2.xq:
  XPST0081: XQuery static error in #... $pb := $nodes/ancestor:my//pb#:
    Prefix ancestor has not been declared
Static error(s) in query

and no output.
fixing that to have   ancestor:: removes the error but produces no
output, as expected.

So I assume that the sample results you posted were not generated with
this code

Other comments

/pb[descendant::ad/

the pb elements are empty so have no descendents so this filter would
ensure that no pb were selected. (I can't guess what you intended here,
just pointing out the more obvious problems)

David