[xquery-talk] order UTF-8 encoded Strings

John Snelson john.snelson at oracle.com
Wed Feb 27 11:03:00 PST 2008

Hi Gonz,

The "correct" answer is to use a collation - either a German specific
one or a case and diacritic insensitive one. Since the mechanism for
providing collations is implementation defined, how this is done will
depend on what XQuery engine you are using.

John

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation            http://snelson.org.uk/john
Berkeley DB XML:        http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/xml