[xquery-talk] distinct-values in Where Clauses

Wei, Alice J. ajwei at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 17 10:06:48 PST 2008

Hi, XQueryers

   I am processing some nodes of information using a lot of different "or" in my query structure. Here is the XQuery:

declare boundary-space preserve;
declare variable $text external;

<text>{
for $find in doc("resume.xml")//div,
$note in $find/note,
$head in $find/head,
$desc in $find/p
where
distinct-values((contains($desc,$text)) or (contains($note,$text)) or (contains($head,$text)))
return
<head>{data($head)}</head>
<note>{data($note)}</note>
}
</text>

The query itself is functional, but the problem is that even though my distinct-values function has been set, there are still duplicates. Can anyone help out?

Thanks to those who can help.

Alice Wei
MIS 2008
Indiana University Bloomington