[xquery-talk] distinct-values in Where Clauses

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu Jan 17 18:14:27 PST 2008

Yes. If you do

for $find in doc("resume.xml")//div,
$head in $find/head,

and there is one <div> element with two <head> children, then you are going
to go round the loop twice (or technically, you are going to process a
stream containing two tuples), and <p>{$find/p}</p> is going to give the
same value for both.

You need to define clearly what your input is and what your desired output
is, otherwise you are wasting everyone's time including your own.

Incidentally, when I see someone post something like this:

<head type="main>

then I know you're not showing us your real input because it's not
well-formed. We can't find bugs in your code unless you show us the actual
code, not some idealized version of it.