[xquery-talk] Query Through Multiple Files

Wei, Alice J. ajwei at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 22 09:46:23 PST 2008

Hi, Michael:

  Sorry, but that is not entirely what I want. I was hoping to not just keep the information but also the markup. Is there some way I can do that?

 This means that I should not be using distinct-values() because it is similar to <xsl:value-of select=""> as in XSLT, right?

Here is the code again:

declare boundary-space preserve;

let $sorted_result:= for $doc in

doc("4.xml"), doc("2.xml"))//ad/p/address)

order by $doc ascending

return $doc

for $sorted_results at $count in $sorted_result

<statistics>Showing Result: {$count} / {count($sorted_result)}

Thanks for your help.

Alice Wei

MIS 2008

Indiana University Bloomington