[xquery-talk] [ANN] Qizx/db 2.0 Released
olivier at xmlmind.com
Mon Jan 28 12:08:24 PST 2008
XMLmind is pleased to announce the release of Qizx/db 2.0,
an XML database engine fully supporting XML Query.
Qizx/db is an embeddable, high-speed, native XML database
engine written in Java[tm], with the querying and processing
capabilities of a fully fledged XQuery (W3C XML Query)
Qizx/db is designed for software developments which require
advanced XML querying and processing capabilities. It can be
used in servlet/J2EE environment or can be directly embedded
in Java applications.
Qizx/db supports main XML standards, works with very
voluminous documents as well as very large collections of
small documents, performs concurrent updates and queries
within ACID transactions, features many built-in extensions
and extensibility mechanisms.
Qizx/db is available in several editions:
* The commercial product has liberal licenses both for
corporate application development, and for royalty-free
* The Free Engine edition is a fully functional version of
Qizx/db which can be used for developing or in
production. It is limited in database size (one gigabyte
of XML approximately).
* In addition, Qizx/open is an open-source version of the
XML Query interpreter of Qizx/db. Qizx/open has been
available since 2003 and is recognized as one of the top
fastest and most advanced XML Query implementations.
* Automatic indexing allowing full-speed querying out of the
* DTD or XML schema not required.
* Full-text querying.
* Passes over 99.9% of the official XQuery Test Suite (W3C).
* ACID transactions and query isolation.
* Many extensions and extensibility mechanisms.
* Java API; Requires Java 1.4.2+.
Please visit http://www.xmlmind.com/qizx/ for more
Qizx Information List
qizx-announce at xmlmind.com
More information about the talk