[xquery-talk] XQuery in Web Application

Wolfgang wolfgang at exist-db.org
Fri Mar 7 21:32:16 PST 2008

> I intend on turning the code below into a web interface so I could
> search through my database collections. I used Saxon to debug my
> errors, and it apparently is giving me something like this in the
> following:
>
> F [Saxon9B XQuery] Cannot find a matching 1-argument function named
> {http://chausie.slis.indiana.edu:8080/exist/xquery/request}get-parameter()

This is an eXist-specific function as can be seen from the namespace URI
(which is completely wrong btw). If you want to test queries on
different implementations you have to stick to those functions defined
in the specs (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/).

 > declare namespace
request="http://chausie.slis.indiana.edu:8080/exist/xquery/request";

1) the URI is wrong and 2) you should use an import:

import module namespace request="http://exist-db.org/xquery/request";

Please consult the many examples provided in the distribution and the
documentation!

Wolfgang