[xquery-talk] Union and Intersect Operators

Wei, Alice J. ajwei at indiana.edu
Sat Mar 15 08:13:02 PST 2008

Hi,

  Sorry, that was a typo.
  As for the issue with the union operator, I only want anything that matches that, but I don't want duplicates. For example:

<ad>
<statistics>
Showing Result: 2 / 20</statistics>
        <head type="main"> The Key¡ªto your future! </head>
        <head type="sub">
"Already master keypad my Elka Lodge and 38
                        apartments¡ªcourse is practically paid for!"
<emph rend="italics">Adelindo Orsi, Jr., Azusa, Calif.</emph>
</head>
        <description>
Add to your income with easy spare time earnings¡ªcash in on the
                        nationwide shortage of skilled locksmiths. Quickly step into a highly paid
                        position or a business of your own.
                </description>
        <information>Source from page <pb n="25"/>
</information>
</ad>

  I specified that I want anything that is case insensitive with "KEY" in there. However, since I have another group with similar node structure in another page as indicated in <information> node, the same information is presented again. I don't have this problem when I only run the search asking for only <head> containing certain text, therefore I am guessing it must not be the distinct-values() issue.

Or, is it?

Thanks for your help.

Alice
Alice Wei