[xquery-talk] Comparing XML Databases to Object Databases

Michael Rys mrys at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 20 10:23:26 PST 2008

Actually LINQ is adding declarative iteration and filters to procedural languages. But, like the scripting extension of XQuery, that allows complete composability of updates and queries, it can compose with side-effecting expressions and thus can be non-declarative (this is not true for LINQ on SQL that is being translated to SQL and thus is more constrained).

Best regards
Michael